AcrobatAnt’s account directors are critical to the success of the agency and the clients whom we support. The account director holds final responsibility for the client’s success, agency account growth and profitability. The account director also plays a key role in the development of the account executives and account coordinators who report to her/him.
The account director has advanced verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal skills. It’s vital that the account director can multitask and prioritize to ensure client goals and projects are moving forward on time and on budget. It’s preferred that the account director be experienced in or familiar with the management of a variety of project types including website design and development, broadcast production, social media strategy, content development, collateral and brand initiatives.
The account director reports to the president. To succeed in this role, the account director will identify with and adopt AcrobatAnt core beliefs. Please review our core beliefs before submitting your resume.
- Leads agency workflow process, ensures flawless execution of client projects and attention to detail.
- Formulates and articulates creative strategy and assignments to and from the client. Leads creative ideation and partners with creative team to develop the best solution for each client challenge.
- Viewed as a paid and organic media partner, working alongside media resources and the client.
- Coaches, supports and reviews the agency work with the team before submitting to the client. Provides informal and formal feedback for professional development of the team.
- Develops communication plans, recommendations and reports that achieve client and agency success. Effectively uses this knowledge to connect the right communication solutions and the client’s business.
- Creates communication briefs that utilize the proprietary and agency toolbox of resources and insights.
- Provides accurate estimates and invoices, and enforces accounting billing practices. Manages client accounts to be within approved client budgets while also striving for client profitability within the agency P&L.
- Effective verbal and written communicator; seen as a solutions-oriented thinker.
- Possesses strong abilities to develop successful relationships with agency counterparts, agency partners, and clients.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business with a keen sense of entrepreneurial thinking and bias for problem-solving.
- Diligent about obtaining the intended results of campaigns and client business objectives to ensure strategic marketing objectives are in focus.
- Seeks new business opportunities and plays a leading role in developing proposals; participates in pitches and converts new business prospects.
- Demonstrates line of sight into account and agency assignments, revenue forecasts and the optimization of plans.
- Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed for improved productivity.
- Protects the financial management of accounts that meets agency standards.
- Leads agency and client contract negotiations.
- Manages each account effectively and balances the needs of multiple accounts, assignments, people, and deadlines simultaneously.
- Viewed or will aspire to be viewed as a business partner, with the ability to add value cross functionally, resulting in ideal client and agency performance.
- BA/BS or higher education.
- 5+ years’ working experience that includes a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrate superior performance as an account director.