AcrobatAnt seeks a video editor who is also experienced in and enjoys traditional graphic design, graphic animation, and video projects. The video editor/designer will work with the creative director and account team to bring video projects to life for our clients. For candidates with experience as a director of photography, responsibilities of this position can be modified to include both filming and editing.
This position requires knowledge of production processes, including the ability to use current software programs to create digital and broadcast videos that meet requirements. It is equally important for the person in this role to have a design eye and storytelling skills.
In addition to experience with one or more video editing platforms, the video editor/designer should have working knowledge of industry design and production software, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. The desired candidate will also have familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing, and know how to prepare images, video and icons for interactive/web applications. Ideally, this candidate will also have experience with HTML5 animated banner creation.
This position reports to the creative director.
The video editor/designer will:
- Fully understand the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script (or other sources of inspiration) and raw material to create a shot list that achieves the project’s desired output.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the story; input music, dialogue, graphics and effects; create rough and final cuts.
- Seamlessly manipulate and edit film pieces.
- Consult and interact with creative, account and client teams.
- Make all requested changes/corrections promptly and correctly.
- Anticipate challenges and editing needs when planning a video shoot.
- Confirm production deadlines with art department supervisor and/or traffic manager.
- Prepare digital images, if necessary, for use by the interactive design department.
- Stay abreast of new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency; maintain working knowledge of software and peripherals needed to complete work.
- Work with the social media department to develop video or still images for use by the agency and clients’ social media accounts.
- Support our design team, when possible, with deliverables that may include logo creation, collateral, print ads, billboards or other campaign materials.
- AS/BA/BS degree in film studies, cinematography or graphic design.
- Proven work experience as a video editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages, e.g., Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for and strong understanding of the video industry and techniques.
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills.
AcrobatAnt Core Values:
To be successful in this role, the candidate will identify with and adopt AcrobatAnt core beliefs. Please review prior to submitting your resume.
- Embrace curiosity. We believe curiosity is the spark of innovation. It rejects fear. It dares to ask better questions and always pursue better insights to inspire ideas that work.
- Solve, always. We don’t sell creative—we create solutions. We deconstruct the complex to the simplest, best right answer. We do this by listening and completely understanding the drive forward—for ourselves and for our clients.
- Make it happen. We embody a whatever-it-takes attitude to be ruthlessly proactive and make something happen. We punch above our weight. And we hold one another accountable to foster growth.
- Leave a mark. We bring ideas to life to make an impact. We are fearlessly creative; we make problem-solving fun. We deliver value by guiding clients to their true north.
- Camaraderie is the foundation of great work. We challenge one another to put in the extra effort to go from good to great. We communicate well and often. And we just love being around one another.
- Above all, be a good human. We value loyalty, honesty and integrity. We serve one another and our clients thoughtfully well. And we understand that being respectful makes this a brilliant place to work.