AcrobatAnt seeks a highly organized, extremely thorough proofreader and traffic manager. This role requires a deep understanding of all agency resources and client expectations, and the skills to ensure that all deadlines are met and all deliverables meet agency and client standards.
This position involves proofreading/editing deliverables for spelling, typographical, factual and grammatical errors; confirming style consistency; verifying hyperlinks in interactive documents; and, when necessary, rewriting. This individual may be required to review pre-press proofs at the request of the production manager or account manager.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for creative design and be able to catch brand inconsistencies for multiple clients. Responsibilities include reviewing text for a wide range of published material, including business correspondence, reports, proposals, brochures, print collateral, advertising copy, email promotions and website content. Requirements for the proofing position include familiarity with AP Style. Traffic manager responsibilities include scheduling projects based on available resources, client/account manager requests, and current project capacity.
This position reports to the creative director.
Our proofer/traffic manager will:
- Proofread all text and correct spelling, usage and grammatical errors; resolve copy queries directly with the copywriter; and amend text files.
- Edit and/or rewrite copy as requested by agency staff or clients.
- Proofread all digital layout files produced by the agency creative department; annotate PDFs and/or edits in Word files using software edit/markup tools.
- Coordinate with client fact-checkers to verify client information, keeping account team informed; cross-check client information against agency-compiled client reference materials; update internal client information resources as needed.
- Checks facts and research with internal agency research staff and other available resources, including libraries, authoritative online resources and reference books.
- Review all photo and illustration captions published in print or for accuracy of description, names, dates, locations and events.
- Update agency style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc.
- Source quotations and aphorisms, research citations and provide credits or footnotes where needed.
- Edit text written by outsourced copywriters or other contributors to ensure consistent agency/brand style.
- Maintain awareness of new words or phrases coming into popular usage.
- Alert account team where copy or advertising claims may be legally questionable, or false/misleading.
• Contribute to the agency blog; assist agency staff by proofing their posts, as requested.
- Review agency website periodically to ensure site copy displays correctly and contains no errors.
- Assist in writing proposals, marketing plans, publicity, etc., as requested.
- Assist in drafting company newsletter; oversee production of agency newsletter.
- Review daily work schedule with creatives and interactive/web development staff; double-check job numbers for accuracy.
- Review job change orders from account team and assign to appropriate creative personnel.
- Notify account team when necessary to contact clients for materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Report problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to account service.
- Assist account service in job estimating, vendor specifications, etc.
- Regulate time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with account executive.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors as requested.
- Associate’s degree or BA/BSdegree in advertising or related field. Business, English or journalism degrees also considered.
- Experience in office or project management.
- Pass a proofreading exam.
- Team collaborative skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy; proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to multitask and think proactively to anticipate challenges and develop solutions.
- 1+ years working in an advertising agency, marketing or PR firm.
- Have knowledge of or experience with project-management tools.
To be successful in this role, the proofer/traffic manager will identify with and adopt AcrobatAnt core beliefs. Please review our core beliefs prior to submitting your resume.