The ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as a team with other developers, writers and/or designers. The position requires handling multiple projects, reliably meeting deadlines, and producing fully functional web projects. A thorough understanding of user-experience design is essential, as is a familiarity with browser capabilities, user-interface requirements, cross-platforming, site architecture, and web server hardware.
Our web developer will:
- Collaborate with a web designer to develop interactive site architecture for new websites.
- Develop programming code for assigned web projects based on creative and marketing strategies stated in approved proposals.
- Test web programming to ensure functionality for active websites.
- Post tested and approved coded data to active websites.
- Regularly update active websites maintained by the agency—by programming code for new information and updating existing programming code—to ensure sites stay functional as technology changes.
- Stay current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations, and communicate regularly with webmaster regarding training needs, or hardware and software upgrades, to keep the agency on the leading edge of interactive design.
- Inform the director of website development if server problems occur on any agency-managed or -maintained interactive properties, and assist in resolving all such problems.