Seeking Awesome Account Executive
The account executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. S/he interfaces with various agency departments to complete projects on behalf of the client. Responsibilities include meeting with the creative team concerning creative issues and input, the media planner/buyer concerning media issues, and the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects.
The account executive has input in developing strategic marketing and tactical plans for clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis. S/he is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients; however, the account executive is a service person, not a salesperson.
The account executive reports to the account director.
For this specific position, the account executive will be managing clients within a variety of industries, so being a quick learner and having the ability to shift between different projects is critical.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of
progressof clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings, fills out client contact reports for all client
meetings,and distributes to appropriate agency personnel.
- Quickly and accurately relays client change orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications
andstrategic marketing, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Coordinates with digital and media teams to ensure marketing efforts are cohesive and working towards client’s objective(s).
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art, and coordinates client approval.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, e.g., client/agency relations or budget concerns.
- Maintains client reference notebooks and/or digital archives for all assigned accounts, detailing past work,in-progress work, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- Proofreads copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business or related field.
yearsmarketing experience. Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Located in Tulsa, OK
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]Tags: ad agency job, marketing job
Categorized in: Agency Life