The account executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative assignments, the media team concerning media plans and deployment, and the insights team and agency partners regarding brand strategy.
In collaboration with the account director or account supervisor, the account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan.
The account executive is also responsible for earning new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. The account executive will not be asked to cold canvas for new business.
This position reports to the CEO.
The account executive:
- Follows and maintains office workflow procedures to ensure efficiencies.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Leads and receives client briefings; creates meeting recaps for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel and client, if needed; quickly and accurately relays changes to all appropriate agency personnel through the agency project management system.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Proofs and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews and prepares billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential challenges, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Actively engages in all agency and client business; remains curious about advertising, marketing and media trends.
- Assists with proposals and presentations to clients and prospects.
- Proactively supports agency teammates on projects that aren’t directly assigned.
- Represents the agency at industry and community functions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of MS Office 360; ability to understand other software/back-office systems.
- Is familiar with workflow/project management systems.
- Basic office equipment knowledge or training.
- A minimum of one year agency experience or internships.
- Team collaborative skills.
- Extremely reliable and detail-oriented.
AcrobatAnt Core Values:
To be successful in this role, the candidate will identify with and adopt AcrobatAnt core beliefs. Please review prior to submitting your resume.
- Embrace curiosity. We believe curiosity is the spark of innovation. It rejects fear. It dares to ask better questions and always pursue better insights to inspire ideas that work.
- Solve, always. We don’t sell creative—we create solutions. We deconstruct the complex to the simplest, best right answer. We do this by listening and completely understanding the drive forward—for ourselves and for our clients.
- Make it happen. We embody a whatever-it-takes attitude to be ruthlessly proactive and make something happen. We punch above our weight. And we hold one another accountable to foster growth.
- Leave a mark. We bring ideas to life to make an impact. We are fearlessly creative; we make problem-solving fun. We deliver value by guiding clients to their true north.
- Camaraderie is the foundation of great work. We challenge one another to put in the extra effort to go from good to great. We communicate well and often. And we just love being around one another.
- Above all, be a good human. We value loyalty, honesty and integrity. We serve one another and our clients thoughtfully well. And we understand that being respectful makes this a brilliant place to work.